I know, we have heard it all, n times in our life, exercise can only bring your lost health back. I being a pro-health person, also tend to believe so. And I am also a meditation person. This quest for meditation brought me to this yoga mat. After going about possibly every yoga mat in the market, I have a few things here and there in my mind about what can be good and bad about purchasing a yoga mat.
Yoga mat serves basically 2-3 purpose.
- Helps you in sitting while meditating.
- Helps you do the Surya Namaskar properly.
- Helps in Push ups.
- Sometimes, also act as a support when sitting down on floor.
There a few things that a yoga mat should have:
- Portability: Should be very portable. Easy to take and throw!!
- Durability: Should be durable.
- Thickness: Should be thick enough. You don’t want to feel like you are sitting on the floor.
- Good Quality: Your skin is going to run on it, if you exercise.
- Non-Slippery: You should not slip when you are pushing against the mat.
Here are a few that I personally recommend. I have tried to recommend one for each category: just ok, average, best.
- Aerolite Yoga mat (10mm) : Very good thickness, Good support, good Quality, durability.
- STRAUSS Yoga mat (6 mm): Good support, non-slippery, comes with a carry bag, Good price.
- Quick Shel Yoga mat (4 mm): Good price, though I would not recommend it since the it is 4 mm thick.